The 2021 NZ Events Association Scholarship
The NZ Events Association is seeking an emerging events professional for the NZ Events Association Scholarship which is now open for applications.
The scholarship offers a substantial opportunity for professional development with a free registration to the Eventing the Future 2021 conference, which takes place in the Hawke's Bay on 30 September & 1 October this year.
The conference is the perfect occasion to grow your professional networks, to get to know your New Zealand event management colleagues and to learn from local and international events experts. The scholarship winner will be announced at the conference and also profiled in the October issue of the NZEA Events Update.
The recipient will be a career-focused individual in the initial phase of their events management journey. An individual who wants to commit long term to the industry and see a tangible benefit to their career development in attending the conference.
- The scholarship is contestable and covers the cost of one full registration package for the Eventing the Future 2021 conference.
- The recipient will be expected to cover all travel and accommodation costs.
The applicant must
- currently be working in the events industry in New Zealand.
- be in the initial phase of their career (as a guide minimum of 1 year to a maximum of 5 years event experience).
- be a member, or work for a member organisation of the NZEA.
- not have previously received a scholarship to attend Eventing The Future.
All applications must be submitted through the below link. You will be required to respond to the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself, your professional role and career goals
- Why will attending the 2021 Eventing the Future conference be beneficial for your professional development needs and career goals?
- As an event professional, what do you think the challenges and opportunities will be in this post-COVID environment?
- Please upload a professional profile or 1-3 page CV
Applications close Sunday 1 August 2021.
A judging panel of 1 X NZEA Board Member and the NZEA General Manager will score the applicants based on their answers to the questions above. Scoring will include a component assessing the professionalism of their writing as well as the consideration of their answers; and the reflected aspirations and motivations of the applicant.
Please get in touch with the NZEA should you organisation be interested in sponsoring this scholarship.