In light of the recent few community cases of COVID-19 and the upcoming long weekend(s), please make use of the resources available to support your events as part of the Make Summer Unstoppable campaign.
Objective of the “Make Summer Unstoppable” campaign
This is all about encouraging New Zealanders to continue doing those easy, everyday actions that help keep everyone safe and events running over summer and beyond:
- Continue good health practices
- Keep COVID-19 in check by washing hands
- Scanning QR codes
- Staying home if sick and getting a test
The idea is to support events to keep their QR codes visible, get attendees to sign in and to keep staff, volunteers and attendees away from events if they are unwell this summer. All the key messages in this campaign are based on advice provided by the Ministry of Health.
To help, an online toolkit has been created with a range of customisable posters, images and resources which the events sector are able to use to engage with attendees, venues, suppliers and the public.
Key aspects of the toolkit
- An Event Activation Toolkit and Event Checklist.
- The brand is flexible and customisable. There is a poster template into which you can insert your own imagery, event name, location, etc, to design bespoke posters for any event or venue. There are also separate logos that can be incorporated into other materials. Have fun with it!
- There is a ‘Remember to scan’ poster with a space to add QR codes
- Generic posters for the four calls to action: wash hands, turn Bluetooth on, scan in, stay home if you're sick.
- Full brand guidelines are included in the toolkit.
Importantly, to further assist with COVID-19 contact tracing, the NZ COVID Tracer app was updated in December to include Bluetooth tracing. This will allow app users to receive an alert if they have been near another app user who tests positive for COVID-19. Messaging encouraging app users to switch their Bluetooth on at events is included in the campaign.