1. Use the Events Sector Voluntary Code
For those hosting events in Auckland tonight and over the weekend, the Events Sector Voluntary Code (COVID Code) outlines what event organisers can do to safely hold events.
The Code follows Ministry of Health best practice guidance to help reduce COVID-19 related risks. The Code complements and reinforces the robust risk management and health and safety systems the events sector already has in place.
The COVID Code outlines three key principles to:
- Enable contact tracing, via the QR code and other existing systems (such as ticketing and/or event registration)
- Enable hygiene
- Encourage a culture of best practice COVID-19 risk management – ensuring that what is described in a health and safety plan, happens onsite at an event.
The Code encourages people attending events to follow these key principles and has been updated with the mandatory use of the QR Code and alternative systems to enable contact tracing.
You can now view the latest version of the code on this page, which includes a section specific to the Event Sector Voluntary Code. There is also some collateral which you can use to:
- Show that your organisation is committed to the Event Sector Voluntary Code; and
- Educate attendees on what behaviours they are encouraged to follow.
2. Messaging for your event attendees
Remind your event attendees of the following key messages:
Do not go to any gatherings or public events if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you need to be in isolation for any reason.
If you are going to an event, please:
- Bring a mask to wear to any events in closed spaces and also wear it if you take public transport to get there.
- Scan the QR code when you get here.
- Maintain good hygiene – wash your hands frequently and thoroughly