Together we have taken action for our events sector!
Thank you to all of you who submitted feedback on our proposed sector survival strategy last week.
The final proposal document was submitted to Minister Twyford last night, you can find the final submission here.
Minister Twyford, the Minister for Economic Development, agreed last week to champion our events sector, and we look forward to working with him in the coming weeks to urgently develop a targeted support plan for our industry.
Findings from our consultation
We received feedback from 313 organisations and we thank you all again for your time and considered responses. A snapshot of the results is below:
- 80% of respondents are from corporate, NFP or charitable organisations
- 80% said an extension of the wage subsidy is important or very important to them
- 93% said the development of industry-led guidelines for events in alert levels 2 & 1 is important or very important
- 89% said a COVID-19 events stimulus and recovery fund is important or very important
- 76% said an increase to the Major Events Fund is important or very important
A sobering finding from your feedback is that among the consultation respondents, 403 FTE's have been lost from the
industry to date, which is a reduction of almost 20% of FTEs among the 276 organisations who provided data on those questions. Yet this only represents a small snapshot of what the entire industry must be experiencing at the the moment.
Thank you once again to Touchpoint Group for kindly assisting us with their AI tool to collate the data.
We will keep you updated as our discussions with Minister Twyford progress.
Ségolène de Fontenay
General Manager, NZEA