Following yesterday's announcement of significant changes to the Covid-19 Protection Framework (CPF), the NZEA participated in a briefing session for the events sector associations with the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) to further clarify the changes and what this means for our sector.
Please click here to view the presentation from this briefing which includes a good definition of indoor vs outdoor venues and summarises the relevant changes well.
We have also sought clarification on the following on which we are waiting to hear back from DPMC:
- Does food and beverage service at outdoor events still need to be seated and separated at the red setting given the capacity limits are now removed?
- More guidance for a venue with indoor/outdoor flow
- The new guidance states that at the Orange setting outdoor events over 500pax are encouraged to add extra capacity or provide seating. Can 'encourage' be better defined? Can operators decide for themselves? Will this be clear enough for the public/attendees/delegates attending events?
- Confirmation of the criteria to be able to move to the Orange setting
- Noting that defined spaces still apply
For more information on the changes, please click here.
As usual, please fee free to email us any questions you may have on email@example.com