Today the Prime Minister announced significant changes to the Government's COVID-19 response. Key points that affect the events industry are:
From 11:59pm this Friday, 25 March:
- All limits removed for outdoor events and gatherings
- Indoor capacity limits for events and gatherings (including hospitality) increased to 200
- QR code scanning no longer required
From 11:59pm, Monday 4 April:
- Vaccine passes will no longer be required
- Businesses under vaccine mandates due to the use of vaccine passes will no longer be mandated
In Orange, outdoor and indoor events will be limitless however close contact is higher risk for indoor events so organisers of events over 500 people are encouraged to either add extra capacity or provide seating.
The traffic light setting remains at Red, with the next review of this setting scheduled for 4 April.
For more information, please click here.