Seminars & Networking Events
Annual General Meeting of the New Zealand Events Association
The New Zealand Events Association (NZEA) AGM for 2018 is being held in conjunction with the Eventing the Future Conference in Christchurch this August.
All members of NZEA are invited to attend our AGM:
Tuesday 7 August, 1.10pm to 1.30pm
Rydges Latimer, 30 Latimer Square, Christchurch
- Minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting
- Board report for the 2017/18 year
- Appointment of auditors for the 2018/19 year
- Confirmation of Board Members for the 2018/19 year
- General Business
Please register your attendance in the portal below, or sign the register on the day
Managing Risk at your Event
Workshop with Health & Safety expert, Michelle Macdonald.
Health and safety for events is always a hot topic for our members. Each event's unique conditions, risks, and circumstances means a one size fits all approach just doesn't apply!
Michelle Macdonald is the Managing Director at All About People. They are specialist in health and safety and emergency management with experience working with events such as the Volvo Ocean Race Series, Pride Parade, Festival One, Rugby World Cup and smaller community events to name a few.
Michelle is passionate about de-coding workplace health and safety information, creating a culture of safety within a team and leading people towards 'lightbulb moments' and practical solutions. Michelle's hash tag is #keepclimbingtrees - it's all about keeping health and safety real and relevant.
Auckland & Tauranga workshops will also feature Stuart Hartley, event insurance expert, on hand to give you the rundown on mitigating event risk through insurance.
Tauranga: Tuesday 17 July, 2.00pm to 4.30pm
306 Cameron Road, Tauranga
Blenheim: Friday 20 July, 12.00pm to 2.30pm
ASB Theatre, Marlborough, 2 Hutcheson St, Blenheim
Dunedin: Monday 23 July, 10.30am to 1.00pm
Dunedin City Council Civic Centre, 50 The Octagon
Wellington: Wednesday 25 July, 10.30am to 1.00pm.
Lion Harbourview Lounge, Michael Fowler Centre
Auckland: Monday 27 August, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
MinterEllisonRuddWatts, Level 20, 88 Shortland St, CBD
Christchurch: Tuesday 21 August, 10.30am to 1.00pm
ChristchurchNZ, The BNZ Centre, 111 Cashel Street, CBD
$45.00+GST for NZEA members
$95.00+GST for non-NZEA members
- Auckland and Wellington workshops will also feature health and safety law experts from MinterEllisonRuddWatts to provide a legal perspective on risk management under health and safety legislation. Emma Warden, Special Counsel (Employment) based in the firm’s Wellington office will present at the Wellington Workshop and Chris Baldock, Senior Associate (Employment), will feature at the Auckland Workshop.
- Auckland & Tauranga workshops will also feature an event insurance expert, on hand to give you the rundown on mitigating event risk through insurance
- Blenheim workshop will include a venue tour of the ASB Theatre Marlborough
- And as always, the opportunity for quality networking!