2018 New Zealand Major Events Scholarship
New Zealand Major Events and NZEA are seeking an emerging events professional for the annual New Zealand Major Events Scholarship, which is now open for applications.
The scholarship offers a substantial opportunity for professional development with a free registration to the Eventing the Future conference, which takes place in Christchurch from 6-7 August this year.
The conference is the perfect occasion to grow your professional networks, to get to know your New Zealand event management colleagues and to learn from local and international events experts. It could also be the first or the next step in your events career, as you will have the chance to be profiled in the NZEA Events Update and during the conference.
The recipient will either be a recent event management graduate, a student in the final stages of study, or a professional in the early stages of an events career (1-3 years’ experience).
Susan Sawbridge, Manager of New Zealand Major Events, says “For New Zealand to maintain and grow its reputation as an international event host, we need a continued supply of world-class event managers. This scholarship is an investment in the next generation of event staff who will help New Zealand to continue to reap the many benefits that major events bring.”
Applications close Wednesday 4 July and the scholarship recipient will be announced Tuesday 10 July.
- The scholarship is contestable and covers the cost of one full registration for the Eventing the Future conference plus a student or organisation membership of NZEA if the recipient,in full time education or professional, is not already an NZEA member.
- The recipient will be expected to cover all travel and accommodation costs.
Please forward the following to email@example.com, with the subject line '2018 Scholarship Application':
- Your contact details
- Your professional profile or 2-3 page CV summary.
- A third party endorsement or reference supporting your application. This endorsement may be from an employer or lecturer for example and explain why you would be a suitable recipient of the scholarship.
responses to the following questions:
- Why will attending the 2018 Eventing the Future conference be beneficial for your professional development needs and career goals?
- What do you think the disruptors, opportunities and differentiators are for the NZ events industry now and in the next five years? How do you think the events industry should embrace them?
- Tell us about yourself and why you should be rewarded with the New Zealand Major Events Scholarship?
All applications must be received by 5.00pm, Wednesday 4 July 2018.
A judging panel of 1 x New Zealand Major Events Manager and 1 x NZEA Board/GM Representative will score the applicants based on their answers to the questions above. Scoring will include a component assessing the professionalism of their writing as well as the consideration of their answers; and the reflected aspirations and motivations of the applicant.
Please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org